Pages

Thursday, July 29, 2021

Olympic Fiji Rugby

Olympic Gold was won by the  Fiji Rugby Sevens team on 27th July last evening (NZ time).


The game was against Fiji and NZ who ended up winning Silver Medals.

Fiji’s captain is Jerry Tuawai He said this win was very special because they had to go into Lockdown after Easter. They have not seen their Children since.  They spent most of that time shut up in a hostel in Suva, training in a gym they built in a garage 


When they were on their way to Japan the Fijian team got stuck on a cargo flight along with some crates full of fish.

These experiences helped them form a very tight group of people which makes for a great celebration


Here are some images of the winners.





Fiji's sevens triumph is symbolic of their 'work together, love one  another' spirit | Tokyo Olympic Games 2020 | The Guardian


 

1 comment:

  1. A very good presentation of facts. Aim to introduce your Blog next time, rather than going straight to the topic. A very good choice of image to support your work too. Did you know much about the Fiji Sevens before this work?

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post!